Friday, April 30, 2010

Overextending Ourselves - Where does the Cleanse Come In?

Here I am, the founder of this JOOS company and the creator of the JOOS Cleanse, which has an underlying basis to establish mindfulness - and I've been acting anything but mindful. The reason is that I've been way overextending myself. Admittedly, my intent is good. I really want to be the best mother for my children, grow the business, be a good friend, daughter, sister and volunteer in the community. Finally, it hit me that this is not feasible and that I'm really not helping anyone by over-extending myself. In fact, I've seen, it can really play into feeling insecure because when we're extended in so many directions, we don't feel like we're doing anything well. On top of that, we're so busy cramming everything in that we often arrive late, which is disrespectful, don't RSVP in time for invitations, which I learned this morning, justifiably infuriates people, and, most of all, causes way too much stress!

What does stress do to us? Build up acidity, which can cause illness and disease.

I look out my window and it's a beautiful sunny day. The temperature is perfect. Sasha is all smiles because she is attending her best friend from camp's Bat Mitzvah in PA. I get to spend quality time with her and Bill, which hardly ever happens because I'm usually running around with four children, so spending this time with them is really special.

What I also see is that I missed the boat when I did the cleanse. I did lose five pounds. I did reboot by eating habits. I did feel more energetic - but I forgot one fundamental piece: to re-evaluate how I'm going to restructure my life so I can be more present and reduce my stress. Where am I going to start? Small steps - by taking 10 minutes each day to either meditate or journal.

No comments: