Thursday, April 22, 2010

JOOS Cleanse - Day 18 - It's a part of my life!

Vacation week has completely thrown off my daily routine, but at this point, the JOOS Cleanse is so ingrained that I'm following it naturally.

Since I last wrote, I've been to restaurants with my children and with adults and not once did I have any desire to eat what wasn't on the cleanse. Sure I had a glass of red wine, or two, but the next day I flowed right back into the JOOS Cleanse routine. No big deal.

I said to my kids today that we all have the ability to influence each others moods. When I'm relaxed, my kids are so much more relaxed and vice verse. Eating whole, non processed foods has definitely helped me to relax. I'm eating the highest quality nutrients and they're affecting me in very positive ways - despite my lack of sleep, I'm feeling so much more relaxed, focused and present.

I'm completely sleep deprived because I still have to go into the commissary too early in the morning and I stay up way too late catching up on work. As a result, I'm eating a little more than I would like because I need the energy. I also find that I'm craving more JOOS than I did when I wasn't on the JOOS Cleanse.

I also believe that when I myself come across confidant, this gives my children the security to try things and/or put themselves into situations that they may not have when I'm feeling strung out. For example, Fia, my eight-year-old, has a history of separation issues. She went to stay with my brother in NYC over vacation. Frankly, I didn't know if she were going to make it. She made the bravest face when she had to leave me. I knew that she felt conflicted and sad, but she really wanted to be brave. The next day when I spoke with her, she broke down into tears, but only for about five minutes. Then she quickly recovered and told me about all the wonderful activities she had done with my brother - and about the John Galiano sneakers she bought with them. OK, I admit, that would make me happy, too :)

Many people tell me that they're hesitant to do the JOOS Cleanse because they don't know how they'll manage with such a big lifestyle change. Like everything, there is a period of adjustment, but if you really follow itm you will fall into a routine and ultimately feel so much healthier and energetic.

Here is a typical day:

When you wake up, stretch a little - maybe for 10 minutes.

JOOS in the morning on an empty stomach. You will feel it move into every cell of your body.

Mid morning - a piece of fruit or preferably a vegetable. If you do not desire to lose weight or if you're working out, add in a handful of raw nuts, a Vega shake with a frozen banana and almond milk, peanut or almond butter or Hummus on Marys Gone Crackers or a Pulpcake.

Lunch - Now that the weather is warming, have a salad with tempeh and/or garbanzo beans and avocado. For dressing, olive oil/balsamic vinegar and/or apple cider vinegar and mustard - or - vegan sushi with brown rice - or - quinoa with mixed veggies - or - hummus smeared on a brown rice tortilla from Trader Joes with tomatoes and lettuce - just to name a few. The possibilities are endless.

Mid-afternoon - If you're truly hungry, have an apple, banana, or a handful of raw nuts or a Pulpcake. Make certain that you're drinking plenty of water.

Dinner - Ideally just the JOOS. DO YOUR BEST NOT TO EAT AT NIGHT - or at the minimum, eat as little as possible and do not eat 2 hours prior to going to sleep.

Make certain you have a good night sleep of a minimum of 7 hours.

Our Lifestyle counselors can give you plenty of meal suggestions so contact us for what may be the most empowering experience you've ever had. It was for me.

No comments: