Thursday, April 8, 2010

JOOS Cleanse Day 4

I'm amazed that I'm already on Day 4. I forgot how fast it really is to adapt to this type of lifestyle and I really love it - obviously I do or I wouldn't be promoting it :)

What I like so much about it is that there is surprisingly so much flexibility in doing the JOOS Cleanse. At first it seems restrictive because it is mostly a vegan diet, but there is such a wide range of healthy, vegan food, once you get the hang of it - and your energy level is just incredible.

Last night I had just over an hour of sleep. I had to pick up Sasha at rehearsal after 11 pm and then Julia was up from 2:30am to 4:30 am vomiting from food poisoning as a result of food she ate on a trip to Boston with our babysitter. The good news is that she said she doesn't want to eat pizza again. By the time she went to bed, I was already late for work.

By now you get the daily routine, and I know most of you share the same one, with driving kids around, meetings, etc. I did squeeze in a short run with the dogs and I know I would not have had the energy to do that if I hadn't been on the cleanse.

Why? Because I'm eating healthy, highly nutritious whole foods so my body doesn't have to waste energy metabolizing the junk. Notice how I didn't say "junk food" because I believe there's either food or junk.

Admittedly, I was so busy that I didn't have time to sit down for a meal. Not good!

Breakfast I had my JOOS at the commissary and came home and ate 2 oranges. For some reason, my body is craving oranges.

Mid morning I grabbed a handful of raw nuts before a business meeting that ran through lunch time.

When I got home, I had another orange, banana and Trader Joe's Seaweed Snacks. A must to try. In fact, TJs is having problems stocking them because they sell out so quickly. My son brought 2 packs with him to school today for lunch.

Mid-afternoon I had a JOOS. I felt immediate relief. My body is craving the JOOS more and more because I believe it recognizes the superior value of the nutrients.

At dinner, Sasha wanted sushi before rehearsal so I had an avocado roll. After I dropped her off, I had another handful of nuts and then a few more pieces of the Roasted Seaweed with Fia while we talked about her day.

It's nearly 8:30 and I'm about to snuggle in bed with William to continue reading The Lightening Thief. He and I have been waiting all day to do this. So, wishing you all a goodnight and I'm very much looking forward to sleep.

P.S. Many of you have informed me that it's hard to post on this blog. We are aware of the problem and attempting to resolve it.

No comments: