Wednesday, April 7, 2010

JOOS Cleanse Day 3

Finally, my energy levels kicked in. Perhaps it was due to the gorgeous weather or maybe because I allowed myself to take a nap after I came home from the commissary and taking the kids from school or maybe it is a combination of all these PLUS the beneficial affects of the JOOS Cleanse.

When I woke up from my nap, I still felt tired, but by mid afternoon, my energy levels escalated and I still feel bountiful energy at 10 pm - which is good because I still have to pick up Sasha at rehearsal at midnight.

Waking up tired from my nap made me think about how exhausted so many of us are at this time of year: the transition from winter to spring. Winter is the time we sleep; spring is when the flowers start to bloom - a time of revival and rejuvenation. Now that the trees and flowers are started to blossom, we should start waking up - just a theory, but I hope it's true.

As for food, as the official JOOS sampler, at least for now, I consumed plenty of JOOS in the morning. After my nap, I went for a quick run with the dogs and came home feeling dehydrated so I had 2 big glasses of water. I warmed up the mung beans and brown basmati rice with my vinegar, olive oil and mustard sauce, although today we only had coconut vinegar, which I discovered I don't really like so I barely ate my lunch. Instead I ate a banana and three oranges.

Mid-afternoon I grabbed a JOOS before running off to a series of business meetings, teacher conferences and the typical driving to activities. I didn't feel hungry or tired, but when I went to Whole Foods with Sasha to pick up dinner for her prior to her rehearsal, I saw these Kale Krisps that were too difficult to turn down, even with the $7.69 price tag. They're completely acceptable on the JOOS Cleanse and absolutely delicious. Just watch the portion: 1 bag is 4 servings.

At around 7pm, I had another banana and an orange.

So true that the more JOOS I drink, the less hungry I feel because the more satiated I am. Pouring the most nutrient dense food into my body is highly satisfying.

No comments: