Tuesday, April 6, 2010

JOOS Cleanse Day 2

I have to admit that it has been challenging doing the JOOS Cleanse knowing that I have to post each day with exactly what I've eaten and felt that day. On the positive side, this exercise makes me so much more mindful in the way I eat. This crystallized for me the importance to journal, or at the minimum, write all the food you've eaten on a daily basis. Your JOOS Guide includes pages that are conveniently laid out that enables you to do this.

So today, as usual, a very early morning, although I received 5 hours sleep instead of 3 - still way too little and I feel the affects of it. I arrived at the commissary at 4:30am instead of 4am and fortunately there was JOOS already made. I am always amazed how rejuvenated I feel once I drink JOOS. I often wonder if I should have an IV injected into my arm so I have constant JOOS flowing into me.

After leaving the commissary, again it was, shall I say, an eventful day - getting the kids off to school, catching up on emails, marathon meetings, errands and organizing the house - with an early pick up at school. Most of you know the afternoon drill schlepping the kids to their actities and doing your best to be present for them when all you want to do is sleep.

Since I didn't have time to eat lunch, I grabbed a JOOS. After I consumed it, I was so full that I couldn't have eaten if I tried. By 4:30 pm, though, I was dragging so I tossed a handful of raw nuts and a Pulpcake into my mouth: my first leavened product in over a week. Love those Pulpcakes!

Dinner at 6:30pm, I warmed up rice and mung beans I prepared yesterday and tossed in frozen vegetables with a sauce of mustard, balsamic vinegar and a high quality olive oil. One of my daughters didn't finish her orange so I had a couple of slices of that, but you know what? I wasn't hungry.

Granted there were times I could have easily cheated, but I realized that wouldn't be honest to myself or to you. Psychologically I felt I should be eating more, particularly with this busy schedule. The restriction of not being able to eat when I wanted to angered me at times, but when I took a moment, a breath, to think about if I really wanted to eat, I realized that I just wasn't hungry.

Today I did drive around with a large water bottle and sipped that all day. What a difference that made.

I'm about to snuggle in bed to read with my son. I feel tired in a fulfilling way, but I don't feel as flustered as I often do at the end of the day. I'm definitely ready for a good night sleep!

No comments: