Saturday, April 17, 2010

JOOS Cleanse - Day 12 - Beware of Reactive Eating

In yoga class today, the teacher spoke about when we act in reactivity, this is when we often "put our foot in our mouths" and when we tend to overeat. The simple reason is because we're not thinking. Believe me, I've had my share of both.

One of my mentors gave me the simplest method how to combat reactivity. If you are sitting in a chair, take a deep breath and lean backwards. In that 1/2 second, you can re-orientate your perspective.

Something else that worked a lot for me with the overeating is that I moved my office away from the kitchen. Having an office or computer located near the kitchen can be a recipe for binging.

So Day 12 - I ate all the right cleansing foods, but too much of them.

After coming back to the commissary, I ate two bananas.

For lunch, I warmed up organic frozen veggies with edamame in the balsamic/mustard/olive oil sauce I'm hooked on these days.

By mid afternoon, I had a JOOS, but shortly after I had Marys Gone Crackers and Hummus - too many of them. My solution is to put a few of the Marys Gone Crackers on a plate instead of eating them from a box.

Eating too many of the crackers made me feel a bit bloated.

On to the next day!

1 comment:

freelance4@ro-ny.com said...

:)