Friday, April 9, 2010

JOOS Cleanse Day 5 - Weight Loss Already?

OK, I wasn't going to admit this...but I've lost 2 lbs. Frankly, that wasn't my goal and, if you've been following what I've eaten, I have not been depriving myself in the least. To the contrary.

All of our BODIES are completely different, but I am convinced that if the vast majority of us stick with the JOOS Cleanse program, you will take off the weight and, if you continue to follow the principles of it, the weight should stay off permanently. The reason is because you will become more mindful of WHAT and HOW you eat.

For some of us, the weight may not come off immediately. Many of us must undergo major transformations in our diets, but I can tell you that each time I do the cleanse and get myself back on track, mostly everything else in my life seems to fall in place, because I'm in a better place.

So today, same routine at the commissary with sampling the JOOS. Some of you may have tried our new concoction of cucumber, apple and the roots. That will clean you out. I'd love to hear your feedback on this.

When I came home at 7:30 am, I had a banana, took the kids to school, did a few errands and had a very much needed nap. I was craving to go to yoga, but I was just too tired. I'm learning that it's detrimental to push myself when my body is exhausted.

At lunch I warmed up the mung beans and brown basmati rice, only this time I added my special sauce of balsamic vinegar (as opposed to coconut vinegar the other day), cold pressed olive oil, and one of my favorite mustards I've been able to find in the Boston area, Trader Joes Whole Grain Dijon Mustard. I love the way it crunches. Anyone else have a favorite mustard?

Mid-afternoon, I had my Anti-Oxidant Blast JOOS and the Trader Joes Roasted Seaweed. I purchased 12 packages of this seaweed yesterday and it's already gone among the 6 of us. Each pack is 2 servings and only 30 calories per serving. Seaweed is so unbelievably good for us and filling. I highly recommend bringing this into work with you if you're feeling the need to munch.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

By dinner, I wasn't very hungry. When I'm not on the cleanse, I tend to eat mindlessly with my kids, but tonight I noticed that I didn't have an appetite. So instead, I had a handful of raw nuts and raisins.

No comments: