Monday, April 26, 2010

JOOS Cleanse - Day 21 - Travelling on the JOOS Cleanse

Many people have asked how they can maintain the cleanse while traveling. I just went to NYC for the weekend and so I thought I'd write what I did to give you some suggestions.

On Saturday, when we left in the mid-morning to NYC, I didn't have time to eat breakfast or lunch because I had to take my children that morning to soccer games, baseball practice, etc., and I had to rush to leave because I had promised Fia, who had been in NYC with my brother, that I'd arrive by mid-afternoon. As a result, I didn't have time to pack food for myself for the trip. Suggestion for next trip: pack my food the night before so this doesn't happen again!

I did manage, though, to drink a JOOS while I watched Julia's soccer game, which satiated me for several hours.

So, on the road, all we passed were fast food restaurants. I bought nuts at the convenience story. Definitely not perfect, but the only thing as close to food as I could find.

When I arrived, it was close to dinner. We went to a Mexican restaurant. So easy to maintain the cleanse there with guacamole and salads and, admittedly, I did have the guacamole on corn tortilla chips.

In the morning, I had some tea. I actually didn't feel hungry because I had eaten so much guacamole the night before. As you know, guacamole is so full of the good fat, so I felt satiated, which meant I didn't feel hungry at all to eat breakfast.

When we arrived back in Boston on Sunday afternoon, my kids wanted Chinese food, which is also very easy to maintain on the cleanse with so many dishes with veggies and tofu, although I'm not big on tofu.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you want to hear more suggestions. I'd also love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

No comments: