Friday, January 22, 2010

Winter Weather can Impact your Mood and the What and How you Eat


Has the weather affected your mood? A friend of mine said to me that he could track my mood by the winter weather. I started thinking about that comment. My diet is healthy and a healthy diet should translate into good moods. Then I thought again. We're all so busy running around, that we're not focused on what we eat, when we eat it and how we eat. So, no matter how healthy our diets are, if we don't give our systems a break - i.e., if our systems believe we're always operating on emergency mode - then no wonder why our moods will fluctuate with the weather.

That made me start thinking about the way I drink my JOOS. Admittedly, I practically gulp it down in the morning, without appreciating that it is loaded with nutrients that help our moods, including Folic acid, Vitamin B6, riboflavin, Vitamin C, Calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium (and, of course, others). So, this morning, I sat down and drank it more slowly than normal and guess what? Despite the frigid air, my mood was actually better. Why? Because my system was able to absorb the full benefit of the JOOS. I highly encourage you to try this. Sit down, drink and eat mindfully. The results should be tremendous.

No comments: