Monday, January 18, 2010

Feeling Grateful May be the Solution to Stop Binging


Today I woke up to a beautiful snowy day. I'm in New Hampshire with my kids and we're about to go skiing. My two dogs are playing as I write. All I can think about is how very grateful I am, especially in light of the tragedy and horror that occurred just a few days ago. I feel helpless about it. I want to help so much. I give a small donation here and there and pray constantly, but nothing I give can possibly help to end the torment the Haitian nation is facing.

Hopefully, one of the lessons we can draw from this tragedy is to STOP! Stop the mindless eating, arguing, waste and narcissism. Instead, put our emphasis on the abundance that so many of us have around us. From that empowered position, we are in a better place to help ourselves, our families and the world.

And, as part of this feeling of gratefulness, maybe we'll develop a little bit more mindfulness to stop binging:)

One suggestion I have to aide with this is every night write down 5 things for which you feel grateful. Try this for one week and see what happens.

No comments: