Wednesday, January 20, 2010

JOOSuppers No. 6 - Healthy Grilled Cheese with Organic Broccoli


So, here's a healthy grilled cheese sandwich my kids and their friends absolutely love:

The Super Easy Supper

Ezekial Bread - From either Whole Foods or Trader Joes, but less expensive at TJ. This bread is a complete protein, just like animal proteins. It's loaded with fiber and makes great toast.

Raw Organic Mild Cheddar Cheese (at Whole Foods) - This is one of the items in which I splurge.

I use the George Foreman Grill for this and so much more.

Steam organic broccoli.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves - As many sandwiches as you make :)

Some of you may be wondering why I did a recipe with cheese. I choose my battles. I have a daughter who loves cheese. So, I purchase the healthiest cheese I can find.

No comments: