Thursday, January 21, 2010


We all have those incredibly, horribly frustrating days, weeks, months. A few months ago, I had a horrific week that was all due to technical difficulties for an online exam I was taking for one of my nutrition courses. I ended up taking the exam three times on three different days because I was booted out of my exam twice and the professor wasn’t immediately available to reset it. At the time, I was incredibly aggravated, but as I sit down to write this newsletter, I’m thinking, so what? Why do we allow ourselves to get so worked up and what does it accomplish? I’ll tell you one thing it does: take us out of our mindfulness, and you know where that inevitably leads? Poor eating. Then we end up feeling even worse and the cycle continues!

Even with all the frustration and aggravation we’re feeling, at the CURRENT MOMENT, this very moment, the NOW, as Eckhart Tolle calls in his book, The Power of Now, everything is really O.K. Our minds and egos make us believe that it isn’t, but it really is. If we can only train our minds to live in the moment, we become mindful and guess what? We are aware of what we’re eating, how it tastes and how much we need.

No comments: