Saturday, January 16, 2010

Getting Kids to Experiment with Healthy Foods...no nagging please!


So, I'm doing this Super Easy Recipe for the Family Series (and still need a better name), and I wanted to share what happened last night. I made Recipe no. 2 of basically brown rice pasta, broccoli and hummus; staples my kids eat. For myself, I made a mung bean stew over brown rice. I will include this in my recipes because it is so incredibly easy, highly nutritious and a fabulous winter meal.

My more experimental eldest daughter asked to try some. She kind of liked it. My son, seeing that it wasn't too disagreeable for my daughter, asked to try it. I gave him a small amount. He gobbled it down and asked for seconds. My second and third daughters then asked to have a taste. They finished their plates.

Funny how that works.

No comments: