Thursday, September 23, 2010

cleanse day 4 - Amy

Good Evening- I had a great day. I had a very challenging workout and at the end felt more energized than ever. I was ready to train for another hour! I received my JOOS Bites-they are so delicious. 2 Bites and a JOOS is a filling breakfast. Since I worked out today, I did have 2 small meals. I had my 2nd JOOS around noon then I had a small bowl of veggies and brown rice mixed with vegan pesto. The pesto is amazing - www.linabellaspesto.com. My husband found it downtown at a farmer's market and thought of me b/c I love pesto, but am lactose intolerant. I have been diagnosed with IBS and have just begun to learn what foods don't upset my stomach. My first JOOS cleanse was extremely eye opening. I was hesitiant because of my stomach issues. Because the cleanse doesn't allow dairy, I thought it would be great for me. It was, but I also learned that wheat bloats me if I eat too much. I also learned that I feel better when I eat a healty diet. My non-cleanse diet protein source is mostly fish, tofu, eggs and chicken. After my first cleanse, I lost the taste for red meat. I could eat a bite of steak, but never order it at a restaurant. In the past, I loved going to a steak house because I thought it was a safe choice for my lactose issue. Now, I am much smarter on how I order in restaurant. The JOOS cleanse is really about getting to know your own body and being mindful of what you eat every day. My motto is junk in-junk out.

No comments: