Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Healthy Body Reboot - JOOS Cleanse - Day 3 - Cravings down, energy up, and all good.


I have two ll-year old boys from South Korea living with us for the month of January. After dinner tonight, my son asked one of them if he'd like some ice cream. The boy replied, "No thank you. It's too cold outside, only in the summer."

This innocent comment was yet another indication to me how out of touch we, as Americans, are with our eating habits. Why are we eating ice cream during the winter? We should be eating warm foods that warm us; not cold foods that make us want to eat more.

Many people tell me that they eat a salad for lunch and then have cravings at night. Of course they do. The body needs energy and simple carbs are the quickest source of energy.

Why are we afraid to eat large lunches? Our lunches should be so large that by dinner, we aren't hungry.

When I was growing up, we had supper; not dinner. It was a light meal. Why are we eating these heavy meals before we go to bed? Doesn't make sense!

So, today, for some reason, I wasn't really hungry. Must be because the JOOS is kicking in. I've been hearing the same from quite a few people.

Admittedly, it was a stressful morning. The trunk of one of our delivery people wouldn't open, which had all the JOOS for delivery to Southborough, Concord and Lexington. There were a lot of people who are on cleanses and were justifiably upset. I would have been one of them. The driver went to 3 different garages to help him open his trunk, but to no avail. At the time of this writing, his car is still in the garage.

Of course this is beyond our control, but it still causes stress because I want everyone to have a pleasant and fulfilling experience of the cleanse.

Today was my clementine day. For some reason, I craved clementines so I went with it. I also had my chips that I've been eating for the past two days, but I'm getting sick of them, finally. The Trader Joe Roasted Seaweed snacks are my staple and sipped ginger day throughout the day.

For dinner, I made the children lasagna, garlic bread on a whole wheat baguette and broccoli. I didn't have a temptation to eat any of it. Love, love, love how JOOS squelches the appetite!

No comments: