Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 5 - Feeling calm and sleeping great!


This is going to be short because, as I write, I have nine kids at my home. Fortunately, they are all playing together beautifully, which affords me this quick break.

If I had to think of one word to describe my mood today, I'd have to say "calm." Feel like I'm hitting the groove with the JOOS Cleanse. I find after five days, you get locked in and then you start to sail.

I haven't had time to be imaginative with my food during this cleanse, but I'm highly satisfied with the foods I'm consuming. Keeping to dips, like hummus, lentil, etc. Drinking a ton of ginger tea, which I find very filling. Settling down to my hot healthy and highly satiating hot chocolate at night. Sleeping fabulously well. Exercising, but not over doing it. Kids are laughing. Life is good!

I had a great meetings today with our new Lifestyle counselor in Bedford, Lexington and Winchester, Alicia Brickman. She JOOSed throughout her pregnancy and is still JOOSing through breast feeding. I wish I had a picture of her. Her skin is glowing and the weight is peeling off of her. She looks gorgeous.

One thing she said that really interested me is that she is baffled how many women who are pregnant or breastfeeding disregard what they eat. They simply believe that there's no tie between the poor foods they eat and the damage they could be doing to their children. Alicia says that when she drinks the Green Power JOOS, her baby's poop turns green. How's that for a direct indication that what we eat goes straight into our babies?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! i was just doing some research, wondering if i could do the joos cleanse while pregnant - looks like it's a go! (never done it or any cleanse before.) what is this ginger tea your'e drinking??? where can i get some? also, is the masala lentil dip sold at trader joe's, too, or are you making it? thanks! - jo