Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Most Delicious and Nutritious Rice Crispy Treats - Made by my 10-year-old


Julia, my 10-year-old, is constantly concocting new recipes in the kitchen. Sometimes they're a miss, but sometimes they are a home run and last night she came up with a doosey.

We typically don't measure, but here's a stab at her most delicious and nutritious rice crispy treat recipe

3 Cups Erewhon Cocoa Crispy Brown Rice Cereal (Erewhon makes the best cereals I've been able to find on the market. A bit on the expensive side, but worth it)
1 cup agave, brown rice syrup or honey
1/3 cup peanut butter, almond butter

Melt the peanut butter and agave on the oven. Add the cocoa crispy cereal. Spread out on an 8x12 pan. Let set (preferably in the fridge)

This was Julia's dinner (with a vegetable) and breakfast this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would eat that for dinner, too--yum! And so would Joe, I'm sure. :)

-Nicole