Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ready...Set....REBOOT!


Hey There-
It's Dan here...Regional Manager for JOOS, getting ready to embark on a 21 day JOOS Reboot. I will use this space to periodically document this experience as both a personal account of my dietary transformation as well as an opportunity to educate others on the Reboot experience. My wife, Jessica, and I decided to do the Reboot together...sort of a buddy system kind of thing. Her experience with the Reboot will be slightly different from mine as she is currently nursing our daughter and will need to to modify her food intake accordingly.

Last night I had an amazing juicy hamburger for dinner...a final send-off if you will as for the next 21 days I will exchanging my omnivore tendencies for a diet rich in fresh, non-pasteurized fruits and vegetable Juices and free from likes of Dairy, Meat, Gluten and processed/preservative laden foods. While I have always taken an keen interest in the foods that I put into my body, the Reboot will force me to adopt a new level of "mindfulness" as I rethink my diet and reorganize my shopping list and refrigerator. The JOOS Reboot is a unique way to kickstart sustainable eating habits...which, if you are a busy human in todays society, can get out of whack every now and again. The program is pretty simple. JOOS in the AM, JOOS in the PM. Biggest meal in the middle of the day (this allows your body to maximize it's healing potential because it is not constantly diverting energy for digestion all day long). There are several other components to the REBOOT but for the sake of simplicity, that is the gist. An occasional "cleanse" or "reboot" is an amazing thing for the mind and body. It is essentially a way of stepping back from the routine and consciously thinking about a task (eating) that we all to often approach with an autopilot mentality. When you think about it....food is the fuel that determines how well our body and mind performs. For the next 3 weeks, I will be giving my body optimal fuel and nutrients in hopes of maximizing energy, increasing clarity and challenging myself to switch off autopilot and steer the ship manually.

This morning I picked up my Reboot package (6 JOOS, 1 Package of JOOS Bites and a Reboot Manual) at The Body Workshop (my local JOOS Depot) in Dedham. I kicked off the Reboot with a JOOS GREEN LEMONADE- fresh pressed juice made from Apple, Kale, Chard, Collard Greens,Celery, Cucumber, Tumeric, Ginger, Lemon and Lime. More to come soon! Be Well.....

No comments: