Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Please Contribute Your Healthy and Cleansing Recipes!

Many of you have been asking me to share very easy, cleansing recipes.. And, while I have a few recipes to share, I'm sure you do, too.

My thought is to compile a "cookbook" with our favorite recipes. As part of the book, we can include an index with your name, occupation, contact info. and a short bio, and, if you'd like we can place your name beside your contributed recipes. This is for all of us so I really hope you'll contribute!

Here's my first very simple and highly nutritious Power Salad recipe:

Romaine lettuce (or other dark, leafy green) and other raw veggies
A handful of grated dulse (a sea vegetable that is alkalizing and nutritious)
A handful of Brewer's Yeast (high in protein and fermented, which is good for our intestines)
Sautéed tempeh (also high in protein and fermented)

Dressing:
Mix together a high quality balsamic (or apple cider) vinegar with olive oil, mustard and crushed garlic.
Add raw pine nuts (optional)
Mix the salad into the dressing

Notice that I didn't add proportions to this one, but I recommend not to be shy with the olive oil.

I look forward to hearing your ideas. Post them to the blog!

1 comment:

Dole Foods said...

Hi!

This recipe look great! I just wanted to let you know that Dole Foods has started a Facebook page and Twitter feed where we share a lot of easy, healthy recipes you might enjoy. If you're interested you should join! There is also an awesome contest going on where you can win a trip to the Four Seasons in California!
To check it out: http://bit.ly/35ebFi
or
Twitter: http://bit.ly/15XFaJ

Hope you like it!