Sunday, August 29, 2010

Indulge you boredom, sadness or anger with these easy to grab foods




Life isn't always a pleasant ride in a boat. We all inevitably fall off track and, during those times, many of us turn to food. Excuse the vagueness, but someone did something very hurtful to one of my children that deeply bothered me. Thank G-d I had just purchased several packs of Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snacks and I must have eaten 5 packs of them.

Believe me, if I hadn't had those in my home and had some unhealthy, processed snack, admittedly I probably would have eaten that instead and you know where that would have led.........The next morning I would have woken up feeling M I S E R A B L E. In contrast, I woke up feeling light and attended the 6AM yoga class, which is exactly what I needed.

Here are a few suggestions of snacks you should have readily available, which you can quickly turn to in an emotional jam:


joosbites
Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snacks
Sunspire grain sweetened chocolate chips
Joellyn Cooney's Banana Peanut Butter Treat (cut bananas into chunks, smear natural peanut butter on one end and roll that end into flax seed. Freeze)
Jonathan Meizler's Chocolate Sorbet (Place unsweetened chocolate almond milk with sliced bananas in Tupperware in the freezer. Can add a tsp of agave. After frozen, place in blender. Can also add other types of fruits.)
Erehorn Cereals (with almond milk)


I'd love to hear your suggestions!

No comments: